As e-learning becomes more prevalent, online course software is becoming an increasingly important tool for online teaching. Online course software has made it easier than ever for educators to create and deliver online courses. The right online course software can provide the features you need to easily create and manage your courses, plus advanced tools that help with participant engagement, assessment, and grading. But with so many different options on the market, how do you know which one is right for you?
Choosing the right software can be difficult, so we’ve put together this in-depth guide to help you decide which product is best for your needs. We’ll start by explaining what online course software is and why it’s important, then compare six of the most popular products on the market. Finally, we’ll give you a few tips on how to choose the right software.
What is an online course software?
Online course software is a platform that enables educators to create and deliver online courses. These platforms may be used for instructor-led or self-paced learning, and often include features such as video lectures, discussion forums, quizzes, and assessments. Course software may also offer tools for tracking student progress and engagement. Additionally, many platforms allow educators to monetize their courses by selling them directly to students or through other distribution channels.
Types of online course software
There are numerous online course software available that supports course creation but not all are uniformly designed. It is important to conduct a thorough research before investing into any. In this section we will list out some online course software and discuss in depth about the leading course creation software.
Some of the most popular online course creation software are listed below:
How to get started with online course software?
It can be tough to know where to start when it comes to online course software. With all of the different options available, it can be hard to determine which one is right for you and your business. Let’s have a look at some of the most important things to consider when making your decision and show you how our online course software can help you get started.
Important considerations to be aware of when choosing an online course software:
- Inbuilt virtual classroom
- Content security
- Secured interaction
- Integrated and reliable data system
- Simple to schedule
- Data sharing
- Global accessibility
How to get started with our online course software-ViDU?
We’ll now go through India’s most popular course creation programme, VIDU, in depth.
What is ViDU?
ViDU is an eLearning course creation tool that enables course creators to create and sell online content. The platform was created with the goal of making education more accessible and inexpensive for students in remote areas. ViDU assists individual course makers, coaching institutions, and training businesses in pursuing their passions, resulting in increased student enrolment, brand exposure, and high revenue.
- Exam Software
- Live Classes Software
Exam software allows tutors to easily develop and sell mock exams, test series, and quizzes using the exam software. The software offers a bulk upload feature that allows you to upload numerous questions at once rather than one at a time, saving you time. This improves the software’s usability. There are numerous other features that make the exam software user-friendly.
Let’s take a look at the features of the exam software
- Bulk upload: Upload multiple questions at one and save time.
- Online assessment: Deliver and manage online assessments using existing websites or through a brand new website.
- Secured tests: Protect your tests from illegal users by setting passwords.
- Reports & Analytics: Get an insight of duration, trend analysis, sectional reports of students.
- Sell mock tests: Sell your tests within a single or multiple package. Monetize your content by integrating payment gateway.
- App based assessment: Deliver your content to a broader audience through branded mobile application.
- Visual solutions: Create video solutions to explain the concept more precisely.
- Pre-loaded tests: The software has a collection of 220 preloaded free SSC and bank questions for students.
ViDU offers the following benefits to its students:
- User interface: The exam software consists of a user interface that is similar to the online test panel. Students can practice their tests using this UI test panel before attending the actual exam. This will boost their confidence.
- Analysis Reports: Students are provided with their reports containing the percentile, duration compared to other students.
- Study material: Students are provided with study material after their results to improve their performance.
Benefits of exam software
- Improved testing security
- Prevents exam misconduct
- Accurate time distribution guaranteed
- Accessible for all students
- Improved exam analytics
- Plethora of assessments retained
Educators may develop and sell live lessons from the comfort of their own homes using ViDU’s live classes platform. The software has a number of features that make it user-friendly. Tutors can conduct hassle-free live courses with the help of the live classes software. Tutors can also connect directly with their pupils and answer their questions without disrupting other students. In the event that students miss lessons due to personal obligations, they can record them and watch them later. VOD (video-on-demand) lessons are what they’re called. Tutors can also connect directly with their students using the live courses software instead of relying on a third-party site like YouTube. ViDU has modified this feature in response to consumer input.
Let us have a look at ViDU live classe software features in detail.
- Course builder: The software lets you upload mp4, PDFs, PPT files and add quizzes to lectures.
- Interactive live class: Students can ask questions to their tutors and get them clarified without disturbing the classroom.
- Video bookmarking: Bookmark videos timely and save time.
- Study material integration: Uploading and delivering content along with online classes possible.
- Content security: The platform does not allow screen recording, screenshots, video download.
- Reports: Get a complete insight of number of students, completed sessions, revenue earned.
- Multiple payment gateways: Integrate payment gateways such as PayTM, PayUMoney, Razorpay, Instamojo.
Benefits of live tutoring software
- Interactive sessions
- Flexible schedules
- Personalizing options
- Record and learn
- Learn from experts
- Resource availability
- 24/7 assistance
- Cost-effective courses
Tips and tricks for using online course software successfully!
- Set up a good workspace: Choose a quiet location with a high – speed internet connection, access to power, and no distractions for your online classes.
- Be mindful of your resources: Research the websites, technology, and resources you’ll need for your classes. Install the necessary software, update your browser, and double-check that your system is up to date. If your courses require specific tools, make sure they are compatible with your system to avoid any technical difficulties.
- Plan well: Organize your files and material in a way that makes sense. Study thoroughly before taking an online lecture, just like you would in a traditional classroom.
- Time management: When it comes to online tutoring, time management is crucial. Make time in your personal calendar to teach live classes or record lectures. Use that time only for online tutoring, and let your friends and family know when you will be unavailable.
- Meet tutors from similar fields: Meet other online tutors, interact with them to know about their way of teaching. Get tips from them about online tutoring. Attend workshops related to online tutoring to stay updated about the same.
- Availability: Regardless of the hour, be accessible to assist your pupils. Build trust with your pupils and encourage them to come to you with any questions or concerns at any time.
- Set accurate expectations: Set clear expectations for your students. Prepare ahead of time for what you want your online classroom to be like. Make it clear to your students that you expect timeliness, discipline, and sincerity from them.
When it comes to creating and delivering online courses, there are myriad software options to choose from. In this in-depth guide, we take a look at one of the most popular online course software and provide the details about it. We hope you found this information helpful! If you have any questions, please feel free to like, follow, or comment on our post. We would love to hear from you!