As a tutor, you understand the importance of academic success. You also know that in order to be successful, you need to reach potential students who may be interested in what you offer. To do this, you need to market your services effectively. And while there are many ways to do this, investing in digital marketing is one of the smartest moves you can make. In this blog post, we’ll discuss some of the reasons why digital marketing is so important for tutors.
- Professional growth: Digital marketing is one of the most important aspects of a successful business. It encompasses all marketing efforts that use electronic channels to reach out to customers. This includes things like email, social media, and internet advertising. Digital marketing has made it possible for businesses to target specific customers with very specific messages. This has led to an increase in the number of businesses able to grow and succeed.
- High demand skill set: Digital marketing skills are in high demand by businesses today as they continue to shift their advertising strategies to include more digital tactics. The challenge for businesses is finding employees with the right mix of skills to help them reach their target markets in the most effective ways. A recent study by LinkedIn found that the five most hired-for skills in 2017 were, in order: social media marketing, search engine optimization (SEO), customer relationship management (CRM), content marketing, and paid advertising.
A skilled digital marketer can help businesses create a strong online presence through a variety of channels, including website design and development, search engine optimization (SEO), social media marketing, and email marketing.
- Skills gap: The majority of talents necessary in traditional marketing and advertising professions, from research and analysis to product marketing, have already been oversupplied. Traditional marketing requires 56 percent talent with 24 percent supply, whereas the creative skill set has a demand of 35% and a supply of 27%.
According to the European Commission, digital use has increased in 90 percent of workplaces in the last five years. The skills gap is widening, with 38 percent of employers reporting that a lack of skills is affecting performance, including a 46 percent drop in productivity. Furthermore, 88 percent of companies acknowledge not addressing the skills gap inside their organizations.
- Smartphone invasion: Smartphones are widely used in all sectors of communication, and there is no way to avoid being inundated with them.
According to Statista, the global use of smartphones is remarkable:
According to the same report, it was estimated that there would be approximately 3 billion smartphone users by 2020.
- Digital invasion: The digital invasion is engulfing all elements of communication, making it the most effective means of reaching audiences. To support social media marketing, digital marketing roles are required. According to a recent survey by We Are Social and Hootsuite, major platforms saw around 1 million new users everyday in 2018, with 3 billion individuals using social media globally every month.
- Enhanced investment in digital marketing: By 2021, digital marketing spending was estimated to reach $118 billion. Companies seek high-quality, relevant brand experiences that resonate with their target demographic. Paid search is expected to dominate ad budgets, with display marketing and online video ads accounting for 13% of ad dollars. Online video budgets have increased by 114 percent in the last four years, with an additional 18 percent predicted to go toward video ad spending. In fact, 72% of media purchasers will spend money on online video rather than television.
- Increase in demand for digital marketing jobs: Digital marketing jobs are increasing in popularity across businesses and marketplaces. Below listed are the roles that are in huge demand:
- Brand Marketing
- Content Strategist
- Conversion Rate Optimization
- Digital Project Planning/Management
- Digital Media Manager
- Digital Marketing Strategist
- E-commerce Specialist
- Social Media Marketing
- SEO Expert
- Web Design
- Third party education: There are numerous third-party online courses available that provide new qualifications and certifications that employees must put in their resumes. These self-directed courses are provided by other parties. Due to the escalating cost of education at colleges, the majority of students are seeking less traditional means of education. Many of the current high-demand online marketing roles involve education and abilities that can be obtained through online courses. Companies in need of digital skills are beginning to see non-traditional credentials with more respect as a result of this new form of education.
- Upgrading and reskilling: Businesses are having problems finding qualified candidates to fill open positions. Companies are assisting their staff with upskilling programmes. Due to the problems, an increasing number of businesses, large and small, are seeing the value in implementing retraining or upskilling programmes.
- Digital Skills are Important for Salespeople: Social media’s rise in popularity and importance has made it a useful tool for salespeople to build and maintain relationships and locate prospects. 72 percent surpassed their peers when using social media in their sales efforts. They also exceeded their quota by 23%, and 54% of those that closed business attributed it to social media participation.
With these figures in mind, more and more sales teams will expect some type of training to equip them with the tools they need to exceed their quotas. It will also equip them with the skills necessary to establish more meaningful and timely connections with their customers.
Because the workforce lacks the skills needed to contribute to digital marketing activities, educators will find that investing in digital marketing is well worth the money because the workforce lacks the skills needed to contribute to digital marketing activities. The necessity of investing in digital marketing has been addressed in this article. I hope it was helpful. Please like and comment on the article. Educators will find that investing in digital marketing courses is well worth the money.